On January 12, 1925, a bible school founded by Rev. Fred Hornshuh and his colleagues was launched in Eugene, OR to serve the growing Bible Standard movement. It was called Bible Standard Training School (BSTS), and was created to ensure the never-ending deployment of trained ministers to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ as pastors, evangelists, and missionaries. Over the years the name has changed - from BSTS to Bible Standard College (BSC), to Eugene Bible College (EBC), to New Hope Christian College (NHCC) – but the mission has remained constant and focused.