RECOMMENDED CARE PRACTICES FOR PASTORS - In addition to a pastor’s personal spiritual disciplines, we offer this model as practices to consider for Pacific Open Bible churches
STONE PILE COTTAGE - A place of refuge for credentialed ministers of Open Bible. We have provided this Tiny House as a getaway in Eugene, OR for those who need a little break.
Why You Shouldn't Quit the Ministry Right Now Even Though You Feel Like it - by Carey Nieuwhof. 2020 has been tough, but Carey Nieuwhof gives some counsel about the reasons not to give up, and ends the article with three ways to stay encouraged.
Andy Stanley Resource Library - free resources on many issues such as organizational and personal leadership, vision, relationships, faith & culture, etc.
American Values Atlas - Excellent Demographics information
If you are sensing the call to ministry and you would like to become a part of the Open Bible family, here are the steps to becoming credentialed: (The full process can be found at the Open Bible website HERE)
1. Click the link below and complete the “Get Acquainted” form
2. Once the “Get Acquainted” form has been submitted, you will receive an email with a link to the full application. You will need the following information to upload with the application:
3. Orientation Videos: You will be asked to watch nine videos (each 20 minutes or shorter) followed by a few verification questions
- Recent photo
- Chronological Ministry Resume
- Contact Information for References (email addresses) – references should include your senior pastor, current or former employer, and denominational official if you are/or have been credentialed with another denomination
- Social Security Number for the beneficiary of the Life Benefit Plan
- INS documents for you and/or your spouse if either of you were born outside of the United States
4. Doctrine Exam: You will receive a link to access the Doctrine Exam. The purpose of this exam is to verify your doctrinal alignment with Open Bible. The exam consists of 21 multiple choice questions and 8 short answer essay questions over 12 topics. The Doctrine Exam is required for all applicants.
5. Interview: An interview will be scheduled for you with the Credential Committee
6. Approval Process: If your application, references, exams and interview are favorable, the Pacific Region Board of Directors will recommend the approval of your credential to the National Board of Ordination.